NEOWA is pleased to announce their fifth annual Youth Outdoor Writing Contest. The rules for the contest are as follows:
1. The contest is open to students in New England. Submissions from students in grades 6-8 will be entered in the Junior Division; grades 9-12 will be entered in the Senior Division.
2. The topic must be outdoor-oriented (fishing, hunting, boating, canoeing, hiking, camping, nature, ecology, etc.). Any prose or poetic form is acceptable.
3. One junior and one senior winner will be chosen from each of the six New England states. The winning state entries will then be judged for the best of New England. Junior and senior state winners will each receive an award certificate and $125. The junior and senior New England winners will receive an additional $150.
4. The written work should not exceed 500 words. Entrants must submit by mail four legible 8½ x 11 copies of his or her work with a title of the entry and the author’s name. The submission package must also include one cover sheet including name, address, telephone, e-mail, grade in school and age.
5. The deadline for mailing contest entries is Feb. 15, 2017. Mail entries to the NEOWA chairperson representing the student’s home state. In addition to 4 hard copies, entrants must also email one copy of their entry to their state chairperson.
Conn. Bob Sampson: 70 Cockle Hill Road, Salem CT 06420 (email@example.com)
Maine Diane Reynolds: 51 Branchview N., Ellsworth ME 04605 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
N.H. James Allard: 540 Tilton Hill Road, Pittsfield NH 03263 (email@example.com)
R.I. David R. Pickering: 4 Sayles Ave., Lincoln RI 02865 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vt. Randy Julius: 487 Central St., East Bridgewater MA 02333 (email@example.com)
Mass. Randy Julius: 487 Central St., East Bridgewater, MA 02333 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NEOWA will announce the contest winners during spring 2017. NEOWA reserves the right to publish the winning entries in their publications and website www.neowa.org.
For more information contact NEOWA at 508-378-2290 or email email@example.com NEOWA encourages organizations like rod and gun clubs, libraries, Boy and Girl Scout troops, and other youth outdoor organizations to help promote the contest. To request information on how to start a writing contest at your local school, contact your state chair or email Writing Contest Chairman: Dr. Hal Lyon, firstname.lastname@example.org